Italy became the first country in tourism in the world. Its natural beauties, cultural monuments and resorts are visited annually by more than 17 million foreign tourists. In this respect, Italy is ahead of all other countries in the world.
The close connection between food, art, sea and landscape continues to be at the heart of Italy's strategy to promote tourism in the world.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS
- There are more than 600 types of pasta in Italy.
- Pizza originated in Naples in 1860 and is one of the few words understood all over the world.
- In addition to pizza, modern Italy has given the world a Vespa and espresso machine, but also popular cars (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Lancia, Fiat, Alfa Romeo).
- Every day, tourists put about 3,000 euros into Rome's Trevi Fountain, and up to five million euros are taken out of the fountain every year.
- The oldest European university was founded in Bologna in 1088 and is still in operation today.
- There are about 3,000 museums in Italy.
- In the event of a fire, the Colosseum would be emptied within 10 minutes, testifying to the architectural skill of the Romans.